Because of the challenging nature of this section of river, everyone participates in the adventure. Previous rafting experience is strongly recommended. We use specially designed self-bailing four-person rafts with foot stirrups to help you tackle the technical Class IV and V rapids. One guide and three guests are in each raft, with only our most experienced guides accompanying you on this tour.
The Upper Yough can only be run on dam release. So be sure to check the release schedule listed below. Shuttle transportation and riverside lunch are included. We meet at our base in Ohiopyle and transport you to the put-in near Friendsville, MD.
Are you ready for your challenge?
2022 RELEASE DATES – due to repairs to the dam, there are currently not any scheduled releases for the Upper Yough.
** The LOWER and MIDDLE sections of the Yough are NOT affected by the dam for the UPPER Yough. Those sections of the Yough are controlled by the Youghiogheny River Lake dam and are on continuous release. **
APRIL: The last three Saturdays (4/16, 4/23, 4/30).
MAY: The first two Mondays (5/2, 5/9). All Fridays (5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27). And the first and last Saturdays (5/7, 5/28).
JUNE: All Mondays, all Fridays, and the last two Saturdays (6/18, 6/25).
JULY: no releases currently scheduled
AUGUST: no releases currently scheduled
SEPTEMBER: no releases currently scheduled
OCTOBER: no releases currently scheduled
- All prices are per person.
- Price listed does not include 6% PA sales tax and State Park fee.
|DAY OF TRIP||APRIL – OCTOBER|
Here are a few things that you should know about this river tour.
- The tour is offered from April to October.
- The skill level of this tour is 4 on a scale of 1 to 4.
- River length is 11 miles.
- You will experience Class IV and V rapids. This tour is for experienced rafters only.
- 16 is the minimum age of rafters on this tour.
- Estimated rafting time is 4 to 6 hours. This varies so please don’t hold us to it.
- You will receive a boxed lunch at the river’s edge.