Yough Lake Campground will open on April 12th for the 2019 season.
Yough Lake Campground is located directly on the Youghiogheny River Lake, in the heart of the Laurel Highlands. Yough Lake Campground is a large campground featuring a wide variety of sites including lakefront sites, standard electric sites, walk-to tent sites, and one room cabins. Yough Lake Campground also offers a lakeside swim beach, an amphitheater, and a playground. The campground is perfect for boating enthusiasts. Other amenities include rentals of canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards (SUPs), and a two-lane boat launch ramp. The campground provides all modern conveniences like flush toilets, hot showers, drinking water, and an on-site dump station.
The Youghiogheny River Lake is a 16 mile long lake with some channels spanning over a half mile. Many consider the Youghiogheny River Lake the best lake in southwestern Pennsylvania for powerboating and water-skiing. The lake also offers great fishing opportunities. It is known for its large population of small mouth bass and walleye.
***PLEASE NOTE*** The Youghiogheny River Lake is maintained and operated by the United States Army Corps of Engineers and its main purpose is flood control.
Watch the Three Videos Below to Learn More!
- ADA Accessible Sites
- Electric Hookups
- Water Hookups
- Shower Facilities
- Potable Water
- Dump Station
- Paddleboat Rentals – water level dependant. See NOTE above.
- Boat Launch Ramp – water level dependant. See NOTE above.
- Boat Dock Slip Rentals – water level dependant. See NOTE above.
- Beach Swim Area – water level dependant. See NOTE above.
- Propane Sales
- Firewood Sales
- Camp Store
- Guest Day Passes are available for $5 to enjoy the campground amenities.
- Check-in starts at 3pm. Check-out is no later than 12pm.
- Firewood may not be brought in to the campground. Exceptions for residents of surrounding Pennsylvania counties.
- There is a 2 car maximum per campsite. The parking lot near walk-in sites is for walk-in campers only.
- Pets are permitted but must be leashed at all times.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm until 7am. Alcohol is not permitted.
- Boisterous, vulgar, or indecent behavior/language will not be tolerated.
- All sites can accommodate a maximum of 4 adults or a family of 2 adults and 4 children under 18.
Yough Lake Campground is located on Tub Run Road, 3 miles north of Route 40 just off Route 281. It is 12 miles from Ohiopyle using Sugarloaf Road and Route 281 South. The physical address is 250 Tub Run Rd, Confluence, PA 15424.
Each Creekside campsite is complete with a picnic table, fire ring with grill setup. The sites are situated directly along Tub Run in a quiet and serene setting. Sites range in length from 35-45 feet, allowing for a variety of campers and RVs. There is a two tent or one camper and one tent limit per site.LEARN MORE
Each Lakeside campsite is complete with a picnic table and fire ring with grill setup. The sites are situated directly on the Youghiogheny River Lake. The playground, swim beach, and dump station are all located on the Lakeside Loop. Sites range in length from 40-55 feet, allowing for a variety of campers and RVs. There is a two tent or one camper and one tent limit per site.LEARN MORE
Each Walk-to campsite is complete with a picnic table, fire ring with grill setup, and lantern holder pole. The sites are situated directly along Tub Run in a quiet and serene setting. The walking distance from the parking area to the sites is approximately 60 feet. Each site is approximately 580 square feet. Walk-in campsites can be also reserved for group camping. There is a two tent limit per site.LEARN MORE
Each Lakeside Cabin site is complete with a picnic table and fire ring with grill setup. Lakeside Cabins are rustic one-room cabins with an open 13’ by 15’ floor plan. Each cabin has one queen bed and one twin bunk bed. The beds have 4-inch mattresses, but linens are not provided. Each cabin also has a small breakfast nook. Cabins do not have indoor plumbing. Each cabin features 6’ covered porch complete with a log settee.LEARN MORE